Sunday, March 2, 2014

This is a post mostly about my friends and animals.

Aaaaaaye.  So this'll be my last post for a couple weeks guys.  I'm about to go on vacation and tour around France.  Most importantly I'll be in Paris and will see Alex Schluter.  Can not freaking wait.   Yesss. So this is my winter break; it starts tomorrow, March 3rd, and goes until I think March 19th. Paris is my starting point, after which I'll be meeting up with my friend Kelsey in Caen.  There, we're going to see the beaches of Normandy, notably D-Day.  After we'll go to Tours and see a giant, pretty castle.  Then its off to Nantes to visit a French friend and after that, down to Bordeaux for a wine tour! Here's a map.  I was going to open the picture up in paint and circle the places for you, but I'm lazy. Pretend it's a find-it game. 
I hate this blog. I can't make the pictures the right size.  Eff everything. Anyway, on the left is a cool picture of me drinking a beer on the beach with Kels. Classy.  She's the girl I'll be traveling with. We like Kelsey. On the right is the map.  Paris, Caen, Tours, Nantes, and Bordeaux. Montpellier isn't on it, but its between Beziers and Marseille.You get the picture.... Get it? Not funny. Anyway.

So lets talk about what I've been doing with my life.  Not much.  I've mostly been hanging out with my friends, having a good time, going to class, loving the weather, and wishing break were already here. 
That's my friend James. He's pretty neat too.

My internship has been going pretty well too. This week we talked about gun regulation laws in the United States.  All the pointed questions my students asked really made me realize how backwards of a country we live in sometimes.  I love America, but dangit we are pretty stupid sometimes.  I also got the chance to eat at the school, in the professor's dining room.  The food was good and I even got to cut ahead in line, but then when I sat down it was like middle school all over again. None of the other teachers wanted to sit with me or invited me to sit with them. Maybe its because before that, during my free hour, I fell asleep on the table in the teacher's lounge.  Or because I was wearing my American Flag t-shirt.  Probably mostly because I'm intimidatingly handsome though. Idk.

This weekend I went to the zoo with some friends, Alysa and TJ. Alysa is the best human being ever. Disgustingly crude and incredibly sweet.  We shouldn't be allowed in public together.
Left: My amie, Lyser. Right: Some giant head creeping out children in the city plaza.
So me and Lysa arrived to the Comedie early (that's the name of the plaza).  Apparently it was National Rare Illness Day or something like that. I didn't understand because some weird guy was lip syncing to Michael Jackson and that large face was running around.  It was very strange. When Teej showed up, we left to go to the zoooooooo.  It was free and fun. Also, we like TJ a lot too.  I just don't have a photo of him on here. The zoo was pretty great, we saw giraffes, and lions, and maned wolves which look like giant foxes. We saw weird looking birds, wallabies, rhinoceroses, and a bunch of African deer/gazelle like creatures.  Most importantly there was a tapir exhibit. My favorite animals.  But we freaking missed it on the circuit we made, so Tj and Liss said we could double back at the end and see them then, so I was content. EXCEPT THE FRICK FRACKING THINGS WERE HIDING AND I MISSED THEM. So I went home and googled pictures of them for about 20 minutes instead. 
Majestic creatures. What's not to love?

You know what another majestic creature is? My friend Stephanie.

 The essence of beauty captured in 8 frames. Proven fact: Stephanie and I cannot take a nice photo together.

Alright folks.  I'll tell you all about my voyages and adventures in two ish weeks.  Be insanely jealous.  Until you remember that I have a broken arm and probably whooping cough. Go in peace and love and have the time of your lives.  Seeyer.




No comments:

Post a Comment